Dr. Geoffrey V. Guns Christian Leadership School is a structured program of Christian education, that is a product of the Sunday School Publishing Board of the National Baptist Convention, USA., Inc. Our program is designed to provide members with the opportunity for spiritual growth through the various courses and programs we offer, through the Christian Leadership Manual and Curriculum Guide. From time to time we plan and host various seminars and conferences on variety and topics designed to address the spiritual needs and to speak to various social and cultural concerns that believers face each day. Classes are held on Wednesday’s, Thursday’s.
DR. GEOFFREY V. GUNS CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP SCHOOL
Dr. Geoffrey V. Guns Christian Leadership School Courses
Spring 2019 dates: March 13th, 20th, 27th, April 10th, 24th, May 8th, and 22nd, 2019
Classes held Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.—8:30 p.m.
CLS #1084 -The Miracles of Jesus
Description:Concentrate on the many miracles that Jesus performed during His earthly ministry, both from a topical and chronological arrangement. Students will discuss the purpose and plan of each miracle, as well as the final outcome, to the immediate recipient.
Instructor: Elder Elsie Goodrum Textbook:Charles Ryrie,“Miracles of our Lord”, (ECS Ministries, January 1, 2005)
CLS #3012 People of Color in the Bible
Description:Identify those nations and personalities in the Bible who were people of color. Examine the contributions made by those individuals and groups.
Instructor:Sis. LeVaughn Taylor Textbook:F. S. Rhodes“People of Color in Every Book of the Bible”(Townsend Press,)
CLS #5001 Introduction to Leadership
Description:Introduce students to leadership in the church. In it, they will become familiar with various forms of leadership.
Instructor:Elder Sheryl Smalls. Textbook: Oswald Sanders.“Spiritual Leadership: Principles of Excellence For Every Believer”, (Moody Publishers, July 4, 2017)
All books can be purchased on Amazon
Children’s Class Instructor: Rev. Veronica Haynes
Middle School Instructor: Rev. Chandrea Jordan
High School Instructor: Rev. Lamont & Rev. Nicole Edwards
CERTIFICATE OF PROGRESS PROGRAM (COPP)
The Certificate of Progress Program (COPP) organized by the Sunday School Publishing Board, was designed to produce qualified church leaders. The Objectives of the COPP program are as follows:
To increase the biblical knowledge of the student; to create an understanding of the Baptist faith; to provide an educational structure that will develop candidates qualified for teaching.
COPP WINTER & SPRING SESSIONS
Thursday’s 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
● #1001 – Introduction To The Bible – Elder Betty Davis – January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
● #1004 – Effective Bible Reading – Dr. Veronica Haynes – February 7, 21, 28, March7, 14,
● #1007 – Survey of the Old Testament – Rev. Kenyetta Veal – March 21,28, April 4,11, 25,
● #1072 – Survey of the New Testament – Elder Debbie Boney – May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Thursday’s 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
● #1079 – Survey of John – Dr. Geoffrey V. Guns – January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
● #1089 – Survey of Romans – Rev. Kenyetta Veal – February 7, 21,28, March 7, 14
● #3007 – History of Baptists – Dr. Geoffrey V. Guns – March 21, 28, April 4, 11, 25
● #7005 – Christian Evangelism – Sis. Narda Kirby – May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
NOTE: Effective January, 2019, all COPP classes will be held on Thursday night.
COPP 2 classes will resume in the Fall. Room assignments will be determined later
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION:
Download the pre-fillable PDF to your computer, complete the form and email it to Dean Talithia Parker at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday School Classes
“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” – 2 Timothy 2:15
Join Us 9:00am -10:00am each Sunday
- Primary (6-8 years of age ) – Room 27
- Juniors (9-11 years of age) – Room 26
- Intermediate/ Teens (12-17 years of age )- Room 26
- C.P. Madison Bible Study ( 18- 34 years of age) – Room 25
- Life Application – Fellowship Hall A
- Women – Fellowship Hall B
- Men – Fellowship Hall C
- Married Couples – Fellowship Hall D
- Joint Men’s Bible Sunday – 3rd Sunday at 9:00am – Sanctuary
New Members Class
Enables new members to gain insight and understanding of the Christian faith. Introduce students to the history of their local church and its membership requirements.
#2001 – New Members Class Schedule:
April 7,14, 28