- Operate the computer that controls what is displayed on the screens.
- Learn all aspects of the media ministry to include but not limited to camera operation, DVD and CD creation, video recording, video editing, and photography.
- Be prompt for EVERY service.
- We ask that all applicants be proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro (Adobe Photoshop is a plus)
- We ask that all applicants have basic computer and camera skills.
To apply please send a cover letter, a brief description of yourself, and a resume to email@example.com
- Receive and screen telephone calls addressed to the Pastor; notify Pastor of messages, and inquiries.
- Greet, and receive visitors entering the office. Promptly inform Pastor and staff of expected appointments.
- Maintain the appointment schedule for the Pastor, and keep him apprised of special and urgent events.
- Sort and review Pastor’s mail; file and/or forward to appropriate staff.
- Complete forms and applications for ministerial staff.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Pastor, Guest Pastors/Speakers, and other ministerial staff.
- Prepare and follow-up on check requests, vouchers, & reimbursement payments.
- Manage payments/donations and post deposits to the foreign missions account.
- Receive, record, and track payments for foreign missions trips.
- Maintain mailing lists for various ministry related organizations.
- Prepares correspondence and memoranda to leadership, ministries and various organizations/associations.
- Maintain a centralized and personal filing system for the Pastor and secretarial office.
- Print and collate Bible Study and other materials as requested by the Pastor.
- Order books and other resources as requested by the Pastor.
In Cooperation with the Administrative Assistant:
- Make sure the main office and workroom areas are kept orderly, stocked with supplies, and cleaned at the beginning of each day.
- Copy and distribute correspondence as necessary. Maintain correspondence files.
- Assist with reviewing and editing of the weekly bulletin and newsletter; copy and collate as needed.
- Copy and collate Pastor’s books and manuals for purchase and distribution; maintain invoices relating to the same.
Preferred Minimum Requirements :
- Commitment to personal loyalty to the Senior Pastor and additional members of the ministerial staff.
- Maintain a positive attitude and poise under pressure.
- Maintain a cooperative team spirit with staff, volunteers, and congregation.
- Obtained (at minimum) an associates degree with over 5 years experience as a secretary/personal assistant to senior leadership.
- Proficient in the following software applications: WordPerfect, MS Word, MS Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Internet Explorer.
- Personal integrity and self-motivation in the fulfillment of ministry.
***Membership of Second Calvary Baptist Church is NOT a requirement of this position***
Learn more about our church at www.secondcalvary.org